Reactive Programming for Orchestrating Robotic Behavior
Playful is a scripting language for orchestration of Python modules. Playful allows developers to both organize the logic of activation in reactive behaviour tree and setup sensory-motor couplings, making it especially useful for robotics
- mixed logic for specifying runtime activation of branches : conditional activation, prioritization / resource management, and state machines
- setup of sensory motor couplings via a dedicated scripting keyword ('targeting')
- owners of robot (commercial or custom-made), using a higher level python API for interfacing (note: the Robot Operating System, ROS, is suitable for creating such python API) who want to create complex dynamic robotic behaviour, typically for service robot
- manufacturer of service/social robots for the consumer markets, for developing demos and applications
for link to academic papers, tutorials and documentations.
Ordering and pricing
Users from academia and from non-profit research institutes can obtain their license directly from Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (www.playful.is.tuebingen.mpg.de). Commercial users can choose between the following licensing schemes:
Single license (1) :
€ 520,-- plus VAT
Two months evaluation license (2) :
Resale license (3) :
- Commercial licenses are valid for one year (365 days) from the day of ordering. All updates within this period are included. Payments in US-$ are welcome and will be based on the actual exchange rate EUR / US $. A single commercial license allows only usage of a single instance of Playful at a time.
- The evaluation license is identical to the site license but valid only for two months after initial ordering.
- Licensing schemes allowing resale of Playful as part of software suit or commercial robot API is possible
For technical questions, please contact:
For questions about ordering and licensing conditions, please contact:
PDF, 0.3 MB
PLAYFUL Reactive Programming for Orchestrating Robotic Behavior
Dr. Bernd Ctortecka
Telefon: 089 / 290919-20